BNP-M warns from the long walk to Quetta in the middle of the sit-in in Lakpas Blogging Sole

The chief of the Balutchistan National Party (BNP-M), Akhtar Mengal, is aimed at participants in the sit-in in Lakpas on April 2, 2025.-X / Sakhtarmengal
The chief of the Balutchistan National Party (BNP-M), Akhtar Mengal, is aimed at participants in the sit-in in Lakpas on April 2, 2025.-X / Sakhtarmengal
  • BNP-M warns against the long walk towards Quetta while the talks with the government fail.
  • The demonstrators ask for the release of BYC leaders, especially Mahrang Baloch.
  • The “powerless” delegation came for interviews last night: Mengal.

Mastung: The leader of the Balutchistan National Party (BNP-M), Akhtar Mengal, warned a long walk towards Quetta on Wednesday while his party’s demonstration in Lakpas entered his fifth consecutive day.

His statement has occurred while BNP talks with the provincial government have so far not made progress, participants have always denied the entry into Quetta.

The sit-in led by Akhtar Mengal and other party leaders were announced from Wadh to Quetta last month to demand the release of leaders and activists of the Baloch Yakjehti committee (BYC), including Dr. Mahrang Baloch.

Addressing participants in the sit-in today, Mengal said that the “powerless” delegation of the provincial government last night had come for the interviews with them.

“If women are not released by tomorrow, the containers will be withdrawn from the road,” he warned, adding that women and their children will also walk in Quetta.

He said that the Sindh government released the leader of BYC Sammi Deen Baloch, but the “helpless” Balutchistan government “looking elsewhere”.

One day earlier, the Sindh government deleted the name of BYC Sammi Deen Baloch from the detention order under article 3 of the maintenance of the Sindh of public order (3 MPO) with “immediate effect”.

Police arrested Chef BYC after conducting a demonstration in Karachi against the arrest of the movement’s management, including Dr. Mahrang Baloch, in Balutchistan.

Mahrang was placed in police custody earlier, with 16 other activists from their protest camp in Quetta, one day after accused the police of having beat three of their demonstrators to death during an anti-moving action.

The officials allegedly alleged that Sammi, with Abdul Wahab Baloch, Raza Ali and others, encouraged blockages and road sites, which could disrupt the law and order in the city.

The Mengal and other party workers also survived a suicide attack on the party gathering in Mastung on March 29.

Leave a Comment